An absence for a certain period owing to personal reasons(illness or other unavoidable circumstances)
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Leave of Absence before semester||Mid December to Late February||Mid June to Late August|
|Leave of Absence after semester||March to deadline for application||September to deadline for application|
Please refer to Homepage Banner (Ewha Shortcut menu) for details.
Request leave of Absence(My Eureka) → Print Absence Form → Visit International Student Affairs Team(ECCB329)
Leave of Absence Period
1. Period per single leave of absence : maximum 1 year (1 or 2 semesters)
Note: The absence period for students in the College of Medicine is set for one year. (Leave of absence for one semester is not allowed, except for repeating students).
2. Total Leave of Absence Allowed
table for Total Leave of Absence Allowed Major Total Leave of Absence Allowed New student Transfer student All majors except below 6 semesters 3 semesters Architecture(five-year) 8 semesters 4 semesters College of Pharmacy(six-year) 10 semesters 6 semesters College of Medicine(Integrated) 3 semesters College of Medicine(Clerkship) 6 semesters
Tuition Refund (Leave of absence after registration)
1. Refund amount
|Date of Application received||Refund Amount|
|Within 14 days since the first day of semester||Full tuition refund|
|Within 30 days since the first day of semester||5/6 of tuition refund|
|Within 60 days since the first day of semester||2/3 of tuition refund|
|Within 90 days since the first day of semester||1/2 of tuition refund|
First day of semester: 1st semester: March 1, 2nd semester: September 1
Date of Application received: date of application received(접수) on Eureka
Deadline for applying for leave of absence: Please refer to Homepage Banner (Ewha Shortcut menu) for details which will be updated every semester.
2. Refund bank account
Student must check whether their bank information is registered on My Eureka. The tuition refund will be made to the account registered on My Eureka. (In case of failure to register your bank information, leave of absence application cannot be made)
3. Scholarship or scholarship loan student
a. Scholarship is reduced from the tuition refund amount.
b. Student must contact Scholarship Department(02-3277-2274) to return scholarship/scholarship loan and complete application for leave of absence.
Service Available for Student on Leave of Absence
1. Student may use student ID basic functions
2. Student may us Library(3books for 7 days)
1. Leave of absence on the first semester is not allowed except for Illness or childbirth, with additional approval.
2. Student must apply for leave of absence again if she decides to continue to leave after the leave of absence period is passed.
3. In case of failure to make application for leave of absence or return, student is dismissed from the university.
4. Application is complete only when it is at received(접수) status.
5. Student on leave of absence cannot graduate. To apply for graduation, student must be enrolled.
6. Student must return library books to continue use library during leave of absence.
7. Tuition refund amount is based on the date of application received.
8. Student must update contact information at Ewha Portal System.
9. There is a limit on total leave of absence allowed. Student can check number of semesters used on Eureka-School registry- Leave of Absence Request
|Approval||International Student Affairs Team||02-3277-2064, 3233||ECC B303|
|Scholarship||Scholarship Team||02-3277-2274||Student Union Building|
|Tuition Refund||Accounting Team||• Undergraduate: 02-3277-3410
• Graduate : 02-3277-2088
|Main Hall #217|
|Book return and late fees||Library||02-3277-3129||Central Library 2F|
|Other||Registrar’s||02-3277-2033||Main Hall 108|